Don’t steal my phone – another thief protection software for Windows Mobile
The closest in terms of functionnalities (and price) is Remote Tracker, but it requires .NET 3.5 which is not installed on my WM6.5 phone, and honestly, it’s a very fat dependency. The idea is that you install this software (no CAB, simply copy the 2 files on your phone), and run it once to set up the configuration. Then forget it. In the case the phone is stolen, the software will send you a SMS with the thief’s phone number, it’s GPS position, the CellID in case the GPS pos is not available. You’ll then be able to act on your phone remotely by sending it some SMS (described in documentation).
The features that makes this software unique are:
- It’s possible to destroy all your personal data remotely (call log history, contact, emails, SMS, calendar, owner info, storage card) -> help social engineering to get back your phone.
- It’s possible to make the phone send you back the call history and the sim contacts.
- Slut mode (see the documentation for details).
- WOULDYOUSHUTUP mode (where the phone is very very nasty).
- All other tracking software features…
This software is open C++ source (GPLv3), small (75ko with no dependencies), and free.
You’ll find it at http://dsmp.sf.net (documentation on that page)