- both 64 and 128 roms use XPR compression – much faster than Uni’s default LZX
– all modular exe/dll/cpl/mui/tfx/plg components have useless sections stripped thanks to bepe’s platformrebuilder. This saves ram, virtual memory and other resources
– mp3dmod and msdmo dlls included to allow support for apps that use them (pocketplayer and google’s youtube app, probably others too).
– AKU bug fixed to make Market work properly (thanks responderman)
– Drivers completely rebuilt. I had no choice, PlatformRebuilder crashed while building the old driverset as most of the modules were pre-stripped. I’ve also made an attempt to fix some audio choppiness in A2DP, but it’s difficult to test as my A2DP headset is very bad at A2DP. Handsfree is definitely working fine.
– Smaller wince.nls used to save ROM+RAM
– Yet more unused files and modules removed.
– Opera Mini 5 added. This version runs native, unlike previous java-based opera minis. It’s a very fast browser with low memory footprint (about 6mb with a single tab).
64mb versiom has 4.0mb Pagepool. 32.5 Mb free RAM on clean boot with 200+contacts and appointments synced)
128mb version has pagepooling disabled
Flash Disk enabled
Extended ROM enabled
– Windows Media Player (TCPMP integrated to replace WMP)
– Office OneNote
– Customer Satisfaction (SQM)
– Entertainment (games)
– Getting started
– Bootsplash/welcome images
– MS Sip input methods (replaced by fingerkeyboard)
– xiaojin1985’s TCPMP AVRCP plugin – it will be back someday, I hope
– SRS WOW HD
– MP3 ringtones
– Opera Mini 5 native WM version
– Bimbam69’s TCPMP 0.72 recomp3 fully integrated to replace Windows Media. Suports WMA9pro/WMV/FLV/FLAC/OGG/DIVX/MP3…….
– AdobePDF Reader 2.5
– No2Chem’s USB to PC usb mass storage driver
– No2Chem’s neuPowerCpl replaces backlight settings, power control panel and adds some nice options.
Note that it won’t display advanced usage stats (batt temp etc) as no neuBattery driver exists for uni.
– Dutty’s SDHC driver package (tested with 2/4/8/16gb)
– JWright’s Network Plugin (mount windows shared drives over wifi/activesync)
– TaskManager 3.1
– TotalCommander 2.5.1
– Windows Live 10.7
– Remote Desktop Client
– Office Mobile 6.1
– PNG/GIF graphics optimised for size where possible.
This rom has no bootsplash screens, so you will see a black screen on boot, followed by a white screen.
Tap the white screen to begin using the device on 1st boot.
Drivers, XIP section, registry, pagepool and filesystem have all been optimised for speed and RAM.
Every single EXE, DLL, MUI, CPL and plugin has been made into a module – with the exception of .NET libs (can’t be modular) and one or two specific DLLs/EXEs that will not execute in modular form. Again this saves memory on 64mb machines and speeds up access to executables on both 128 and 64.
Download latest version